Startup Opportunity Evaluation
Imagine if you could predict whether a startup was likely to succeed, before investing considerable time and money to build and test even a minimally viable product. Many of the biggest challenges that sink a startup, are predictable and their burden upon your startup can be uncovered by simply asking the right questions from the beginning.
In this talk, the authors of The Smarter Startup will present The POEM Framework, a conceptual tool developed specifically for evaluating business ideas against a matrix of known reasons for startup success and failure. This open source framework leverages knowledge from industry and academia, enabling entrepreneurs to better evaluate opportunities and investors to better judge startups for investment purposes.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the most common reasons startups fail?
- Why do some startups succeed, when most fail?
- What can be done to improve the odds of startup success?
- How much market research should you do before moving forward with an idea?
- What opportunities are the more ripe for entrepreneurs to pursue today?
Neal Cabage Oversee
Show me another