Harmonic Science: Art and Technology Unite
There was a time when the universe was considered to be made entirely of music. What if this is literally true?
Harmonic Science is a developing field with a unified scientific approach to discovering the mysteries of reality. Science, symbol, myth, and nature converge into a unified grand musical worldview which reveals a real-life Matrix of continuum.
Based on the ground breaking work of video game veteran Richard Merrick, founder and CEO of Postfuture and CEO at 7th Level, this presentation will demonstrate a major innovation in our understanding of the primary systems at work from our perceptions to the world around us.
Mr. Merrick’s profound contribution offers a new modeling system for perception called "harmonic interference theory.” It is a method used to measure and predict preferences in music yet will be found applicable to every aspect of science, design, and human experience from the Earth to the Stars.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is emotion and specifically how and why does the human body react physically to Art, Music, or games? Grounded with solid scientific facts, guided through a historical timeline and a step by step multimedia presentation, attendees will learn how harmonics combine to form the same geometrical patterns found in both sound and the human anatomy which trigger emotions.
- Is there more to crossing the uncanny valley than just what we can see? It’s being discovered that emotion and wave frequency propagation are intrinsically linked. Attendees will learn how the physics of resonance produced by standing wave phenomenon found in all nature, like sound waves in the air, not only informs the shapes we see all around us but points to why we respond emotionally to external stimulus.
- Can the principles and physics found in Music apply the to all other forms of design? It will be shown how the brain and senses are a harmonic focusing system and that perception occurs by matching interference patterns of standing waves in the environment with a reflective harmonic pattern in the brain. Emotions can be measured and predicted by weighting and averaging the interference metrics over time.
- Is there a universal basis linking emotion we experience to harmonic wave phenomenon? Emotional responses in music for example are triggered by the direction and velocity of energy transferred between harmonics which this new model demonstrates. Developers would benefit from this understanding because if emotion can be tied to physics it can influence all other creative mediums. Perhaps today’s greatest secret is nature stores and remembers everything through the physics of harmonics.
- Was Plato right about the Harmony of the Spheres? With a blended harmonic system of science, the art of storytelling, symbolism, metaphor, pacing and tension may achieve the level-up desired in design and allow for more diversity in creative applications. Harmonic principles provide the keys to a new scientific method and integrative field of harmonic science which will impact interactive media in the future to come.
- Gene Semel Sony Computer Entertainment America
Gene Semel Sony Computer Entertainment America
Show me another