Small Device in a Big Pond: Making it in Hardware
Michael Buckwald, CEO and co-founder of Leap Motion, the motion-control company that’s taken the tech world by storm with its first product, the Leap device, will discuss the challenges of breaking into the hardware industry. Michael will draw upon his experiences in developing a viable business model, attracting investors, planning for manufacturing, building a customer base and negotiating with tech giants as a hardware start-up. He’ll share what worked, what didn’t, and how these lessons can be applied to other hard-to-crack industries.
- Is it possible to succeed as a hardware start-up today?
- How can I manage the tremendous costs associated with manufacturing new hardware?
- What’s the best way to approach and partner with large companies?
- How can I attract investors?
- How do I build a customer base from scratch?
- Michael Buckwald, CEO and co-founder, Leap Motion
Rebekah Nicodemus, Sr. Account Executive, Atomic PR
Show me another