Companies, Non-Profits & The Future Of Impact
An estimated $2.7 billion was raised via crowdfunding in 2012, a significant chunk of which was charitable donations. That figure is supposed to nearly double in 2013. One of the heavyhitters in charitable giving sphere is Crowdrise.com, founded by Edward Norton and three partners in 2010. Millions of dollars in charitable donations have been given on the platform. Change.org has influenced changes in policy and legislation by Bank of America, the Boy Scouts of America, Universal Studios and other major organizations. RYOT News has partnered with Crowdrise and Change.org to integrate their APIs, making it the first news site that gives you an action on every story. Crowdfunding can be a metaphor for collaboration in the social entrepreneurship space, and how incredibly important it is for leveraging and scaling impact.
- What are the business models of RYOT News, Crowdrise and Change.org?
- How can collaboration work between companies in the social good space?
- What do investors look for when funding social impact ventures?
- How has RYOT integrated Crowdrise and Change.org into its platform?
- How do companies like these three measure impact?
Molly Swenson RYOT
Show me another