Managing Effective Documentation Effectively
Maintaining accurate, up-to-date, and effective documentation requires time, devoted content producer(s), and expertise. The essence of a company’s documentation should not hinder but accelerate the company’s focus and productivity. We’ll discuss the importance of creating effective documentation, how to maintain a healthy lifecycle for internal and external documentation, the common pitfalls that can lead to less effective documentation, answer the most common and difficult questions, and finally introduce an effective workflow for maintaining accurate and helpful documentation including the best tools have have been proven to increase efficiency and minimize downtime.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the right tools to effectively generate, organize, and maintain documentation in the technical industry?
- What is the best approach to actively and efficiently create documentation that’s useful, preserving with the least amount of time involved, dynamic without being too specific that it becomes outdated?
- What sort of rigor, best practices, or conventions should we follow to achieve effective documentation without breaking stride of our engineering team?
- Who should be involved in documentation and how often should the documentation be updated?
- How should our documentation look and feel, what should be documented, and how much do we standardize our documentation process?
- Rachel McCuistion, Customer Support Engineer, Infochimps, Inc.
Rachel McCuistion, Customer Support Engineer, Infochimps, Inc.
Show me another