Visual Magic in Computers, History and Future
Synopsis: This presentation was designed for anyone who ever looked at a fantastic adventure or science fiction movie, or an amazingly complex and rich computer game, or a TV commercial where cars or gas pumps or biscuits behaved liked people and wondered, “How do they do that”?
The cold war may have been the catalyst but it’s impossible to trace a single line of development to the beautiful and realistic images being created with computers. There is the computer itself, the basic math, the display and its controller, and the software algorithms used to generate curves and textures, and the applications that tie it all together.
Computer graphics are used in so many places: automotive design, movies, architecture, games, molecular design, and simulation/visualization of imaginary worlds and atomic bombs and the course of development is far from run.
3D in computers began as a way to represent automotive designs and illustrate the
Additional Supporting Materials
- How, why, and when computer graphics came to be.
- How are the amazing images we see made?
- How the various companies that made the industry have come, gone, and/or evolved.
- How the technology has evolved from room-sized and limited machines to small personal supercomputers.
- where do we go next?
- jon peddie Jon Peddie Research
jon peddie Jon Peddie Research
Show me another