Show Me The Money: How to Get Your Film Funded
Film financing is one of the greatest challenges of independent filmmaking but the good news is, we're here to show you the money. Join the Independent Television Service (ITVS) / Independent Lens, Participant Media, and Sundance for a keen discussion on developments in the world of independent film financing that will provide filmmakers with a plan of action to help get their passion projects funded. Expert panelists making up some of the industry’s top cultivators of original content will present best practices when trying to get your project off the ground, review funding options, and shed light on what makes a funding proposal really stand out. This robust conversation led by industry tastemakers will demystify the world of film financing by outlining what funders are looking for and how films are chosen.
- How has the funding climate affected the state of independent filmmaking?
- What do funders look for when choosing films to finance?
- What are a filmmakers options when financing a film?
- What are the steps and procedures for budgeting a film?
- How does a filmmaker craft a compelling grant proposal?
- Lois Vossen, Series Producer, Independent Lens
- Jim Sommers, Senior Vice President of Content, Independent Television Service (ITVS)
- Rahdi Taylor, Film Fund Director, Sundance Institute
- TBA TBA, TBA, Participant Media
Elisabeth Copper, Social Media Manager, Independent Television Service
Show me another