Creative Coding: Art + Design with Cinder
Animated words and pictures behind touch-sensitive glass is no longer enough to amaze digital natives. Now more than ever, digital installations and other interactive experiences require inspired technological creativity in concert with conceptual creativity.
Creative coders now have greater access to brilliant new input devices such as Microsoft Kinect, the Oculus Rift, the Leap Motion controller, and the NeuroSky Mindwave brain wave reader, that can elevate good ideas into magical interactive experiences.
Through a presentation and live-coding demonstration using Cannes Lions winning software, 'Cinder', Keith Butters (Cinder co-creator), noted artist Chandler McWilliams, and technologist Toby Bordeaux (CTO Control Group) will demonstrate how to begin developing for these devices, and discuss how to better incorporate technology into the creative process.
- What kinds of devices are available to people designing digital experiences?
- How can technology inspire creativity and augment creative concepts?
- How can I begin developing for the Kinect, Oculus Rift, and other devices?
- How do toolkits like Cinder enable easier and faster development of digital experiences?
- How can technology be tied more closely to the creative process?
- Keith Butters The Barbarian Group
- Chandler McWilliams The Barbarian Group / UCLA
- Toby Boudreaux Control Group
Keith Butters The Barbarian Group
Show me another