Redefining Video Games with AI and Robotics
Video games have come a long way since the early days of Pac-Man. The graphics are crisper, the scores more powerful and the consoles more inter-connected with other household devices. Yet for all these advances, the baseline player experience has remained unchanged for nearly thirty years, with all elements of gameplay trapped in a screen. Infusing robotics and artificial intelligence into the gaming experience promises to change that, extracting what’s possible with virtual video games for real life applications in the physical world.
Hanns Tappeiner and Mark Palatucci, Co-Founders of Anki, will discuss why the promise of robotics and artificial intelligence will forge an entirely new category within entertainment. By combining the physical attachment people have with toys and the always evolving gameplay of video games, robotics-enabled games enable fun, interactive and adaptive experiences unlike anything that’s been available before.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do you translate highly technical artificial intelligence and robotics to a game for the everyday consumer?
- Why do consumers benefit when virtual video games are brought to life in the physical world?
- Why has it taken so long for physical games to benefit from gradually evolving elements found in video games?
- How do the infusion of robotics and artificial intelligence make a game so very different from what’s currently on the market?
- How can robotics and artificial intelligence redefine home entertainment?
Patrick Mahoney The OutCast Agency
Show me another