New Era of A&R
With upcoming producers and stars of tomorrow being discovered through SoundCloud (such as Flume, Madeon and Chance The Rapper), and the current success of YouTube sensations like Baauer and Justin Bieber, talent discovery is being legitimized through the web. Today, a new era of A&R has emerged with indie labels scouring the Internet on a daily basis for fresh talent and scouts no longer being required to spend late nights hanging out in clubs. Both can be as productive browsing original content on the web. In this session you will find out the methods labels are using to find new talent and what it is that they are looking for.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What digital methods are labels using to find new talent on the Internet?
- What do labels look for when searching for talent on the Internet?
- How does data impact the A&R process?
- The internet has a global reach with more and more music being discovered on the web, does artist location matter?
- What should an artist do to make themselves more visible and discoverable?
- Dave Haynes, VP Business Development for SoundCloud, SoundCloud
- Blaise DeAngelo, Label Manager, OWSLA
- Mr. Morgan, General Manager, October's Very Own
Dan Dupree, PR Specialist , SoundCloud
Show me another