A Little Red Equal Sign and Gay Rights
Like no other community, LGBT communities have found ways to use technology and social media to mobilize for equality. As the supreme court readied to make historic decisions about same-sex marriage, a sea of red equal signs began surfacing on social media outlets. Join social media experts to discuss how social media can bring about greater social change including: Anastasia Khoo - Marketing Director from HRC who engineered the red equal sign for same-sex marriage, Christopher Wood - Executive Director of the LGBT Technology Partnership and formerly social media manager for TLC's runaway hit Honey Boo Boo and Stephanie Rosol - past president of the Las Vegas LGBT Center
Additional Supporting Materials
- How social media can mobilize grassroots?
- How and why the red equal sign swept across social media to become a symbol of the US Supreme Court's pending decision on same-sex marriage?
- How best to utilize social media to get your message out in an ever increasingly noisy social media world?
- How to develop collaborations to work with other's networks to amplify messaging?
- What future technologies made be used for social media?
- Chris Wood, President, LGBT Technology Partnership
- Anastasia Khoo, Director, Human Rights Campaign
- Stephanie Rosol, Consultant, LGBT Technology Partnership
Joseph Kapp, President, LGBT Technology Partnership
Show me another