Austin Startup Media Pitch Competition
Have you tried pitching your startup to someone from media and gotten that: "Yeah...so...." look? Maybe your startup isn't ready for prime time or maybe you haven't figured out that some part of your story is even more unique and compelling to a reporter than your cool product.
Pitch your story to a panel of Austin reporters and editors to hear what's right, what's wrong and what's missing in the way you're presenting your startup. Plus, you can use the same advice pitching to national publications.
The best pitch gets a full profile written about the company and founders in Silicon Hills News which has 20,000 unique visitors every month and more than 100,000 page views.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What does it take to get covered in Austin media? What are media outlets looking for?
- What are you doing right and wrong in your pitch to media?
- What aspects of your story might make you stand out from all the other startups?
- Some startups and entrepreneurs get a lot of attention, others none. What are the famous ones doing right?
- What does your startup need to do to attract media? Have a great backstory? Pitch your philosophy? Throw events? Provide audacious quotes?
- Susan Lahey, reporter, Silicon Hills News
Susan Lahey, reporter, Silicon Hills News
Show me another