Creative Artist Development for Fun and Profit
A wise man once said "How do you make a small fortune in the music business..start with a larger one". While that may seem depressing to some it's optimistic to those of us who see the glass half full. There is a new generation of content creators who are the captains of their own vessels, leveraging their talents and technological savvy to build healthy careers for themselves in ways that were previously not possible. In this panel we will discuss new ways to generate revenue from creative works, new types of deals and partnerships to explore, and provide a bevy of examples and thought starters for those in attendance.
- How does an artist with undeniable talent and tenacity build a career for themselves in 2013?
- How can I creatively structure deals that incentivize partners without giving away all my rights and sacrificing my babies in an uncertain and unstable business environment?
- What does it take to source and close these unorthodox deals?
- What rights and deal terms should I prioritize in these new types of deals?
- How has the dynamic between artist, manager and label shifted, and how does that play out in revenue generation and responsibilities?
- Ollie Hammett, Founder / Manager, Spark Management
- Seth Kallen, President / Founder, This Side Up Management
- Teddy Geiger, Artist, Teddy Geiger
John Manganilla, Founder, Moonwlk
Show me another