Cyborgs, Cyberpunks, & Who Owns the Future
Our first tools were extensions of the physical self. We’ve been cyborgs from the first tools. But – they’ve extended physical selves – not the mental selves.
Armed with a provocative set of questions from "Jaron Lanier's" seminal book,"Who Owns the Future?", participate in an irreverent panel discussion with a posse of cyborgs and cyberpunks about what's possible for humanity as we explore the extension of our mental selves with wetware, invisible tech, & alternative digital currencies.
We are most interested in exploring how we think about technologies, and as we ask questions that might be difficult to answer, we wonder if we might just be able to save ourselves from ourselves.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How great our our powers?
- Can there be a digital golden rule?
- Why does the networked world seem chaotic?
- Do people deserve to be paid if they aren't miserable?
- Is there a test for whether an Information Economy is Humanistic?
Kurt Daradics Esri
Show me another