Arduino + Processing => Enhanced Interactivity
Learn to program in Arduino and develop enhanced and highly interactive projects. In this four hour long workshop, we will review a few fundamental concepts in electronics and discuss ways to interface inputs and outputs on an Arduino. Our team will cover basic programming constructs in Arduino and introduce ways of creating interactive projects using a variety of sensors such as light, sound, touch, temperature, and proximity. With these inputs, we will show how to control simple devices like LEDs, RGB LEDs, speakers, and motors.
Attendees from this class will have the confidence and skills to integrate intelligence to their next project idea. We encourage attendees to come with an idea that might sound like - “I want <blank> to <blank>.” We will help you navigate through the Arduino resources, become computer programming literate, and take their idea to fruition.
- What is an Arduino? And, what can it do for my project?
- I have never programmed before, how can I take an idea I have and convert this to a program on an Arduino (micro-controller)?
- I know nothing about circuits and electricity scares me. How do I first prototype a circuit and then construct the wiring for my project?
- How do I take an idea for an interactive art project and turn this into both working code and a working circuit? What are the ways to troubleshoot and debug my project as I'm working through it?
- I don't have any big ideas - what are some ideas of things that I can do with an Arduino?
- Brian Huang Sparkfun Electronics
- Linz Craig Sparkfun Electronics
- Amanda Clark Sparkfun Electronics
- Angela Sheehan SparkFun Electronics & Soft Circuit Saturdays
Brian Huang Sparkfun Electronics
Show me another