Austin, Texas: A City With a Soul
Cities “come of age”, just like people do. Austin was once one of the best-kept secrets in America, but now the secret is out and tens of thousands of people are pouring into Austin each year. Austin is regularly ranked as one of the top cities in the US in terms of growth, job creation, cost of living, and quality of life.
What makes Austin such a desirable place to visit, live and work and a perfect place for a diverse conference such as SXSW? Why do so many people find the culture and soul of this city precious and worth preserving?What are some of the most important things that people should know about the essence of Austin? How is the flood of new influences into the city affecting Austin culture? We have all heard about the theme “keep Austin weird”, but how do we keep Austin- Austin?
Learn from a diverse and seasoned panel of Austinites what they love about Austin and how each of us can help preserve the diverse culture and soul of the city that we love so much.
- How would you describe the culture of Austin?
- What makes Austin a hotbed for the tech community?
- Why should I consider relocating to Austin?
- From a local's perspective, how have you seen the Austin tech community shift over the past twenty years?
- What initiatives are the city council or local groups leading to help protect the uniquely Austin culture?
- Jeff Genung Mutual Mobile
- Carol Thompson Mutual Mobile
- John Arrow Mutual Mobile
- Jerry Sullivan General Partner at Adams Capital Management (Retired)
Jen Quinlan Mutual Mobile
Show me another