DIY Everything With In-Car Augmented Reality
There are apps on your phone that can tell you more about your surroundings than your car. Think about that- the complex piece of machinery and technology that takes you from place to place is almost incapable of allowing you to deal with your environment. You could always pull over, take out the manual and figure out what that button does. But you won’t. You could use the in-car factory GPS to lead you to your destination- but you’ve got Waze or Google Maps or basically anything else already downloaded on your smartphone. And by the way, your “Check Engine” light just came on- wonder what that means…
This needs to change- and there are already a handful of technologies that can move the driving experience forward. In this session, learn how emerging technologies like augmented reality are changing navigation, in-car education, and DIY maintenance for the driver. This is a vehicle of the very near future- come learn from industry experts what it will look like.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Why do cars need Augmented Reality technology?
- What are automakers planning in the next few years for in-car technology?
- How will wearable computing like Google Glass affect drivers?
- How can digital technology reduce reliance on outdate and environmentally-costly materials like user manuals?
- Looking to the future, what role will other technologies like intelligent glass and eye-tracking play in driving?
- Pradyumna Mishra, Innovation Portfolio Manager, General Motors
- Helen Xiao, Business & Corporate Development, Robert Bosch LLC, Division Car Multimedia
- Trak Lord, Sr. Community Manager, Metaio, Inc
Victora Rowley, Office Manager, Metaio, Inc
Show me another