Smartphones to Healthphones - A Dr. In Your Pocket
Scanadu Founder Walter de Brouwer is an academic and scientist who sees the future of healthcare in smartphones. With advances in sensors, imaging and mobile technology allowing us to examine, and see, the human body like never before, Walter and his team are building the tricorder once imagined in Star Trek via the smartphone.
The first device is Scanadu Scout, a vital sign monitor and app that analyze, track, and trend your health data in 10 seconds. This data gives us accurate and actionable results to have educated conversations with our doctors. Scanadu is also researching non-invasive and non-threatening ways to collect data from saliva and urine with your smartphone.
Within a few years, our phones will passively collect data from our bodies and provide us with recommendations, reminders and potentially warnings that will change healthcare through consumer empowerment.
Join Walter de Brouwer as he demos Scout and discusses the smartphone’s role in redefining medicine.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What capabilities does my smartphone have that can be used for medical purposes?
- What happens to all the health data my phone collects?
- How can consumers take a more active role in their health?
- How will the smartphone change today’s healthcare system as we know it?
- What are the implications for 3rd world countries of a healthphone being widely available?
- Walter De Brouwer Scanadu
Brittany Hodill The Hatch Agency
Show me another