Design and Engineering Sitting In a Tree
Across every industry for every type of product or solution, there is a chasm between essential parties - engineers vs. architects, marketing vs. product development, creatives vs. developers. Teams that rely on each other and should work hand-in-hand instead lack empathy to the needs and motives of their counterparts.
For mobile solutions, this is particularly crippling, especially as design and build cycles shorten, amplifying friction between teams. This session will explore case studies on successful collaborations between design and engineering, programs you can implement to encourage empathy and candor, and tools available to break down the perceived barriers between design and engineering.
- What caused the rift and disrespect between design and engineering?
- How to create and cultivate empathy as a means to creating a more productive workflow?
- What are benchmark examples of when design and engineering worked hand-in-hand to efficiently and effectively solve the problem at hand?
- What programs and check points can be built into a solution cycle to ensure collaboration?
- How does prioritizing collaboration lead to results in better solutions and forces the focus onto the user experience?
- Amanda McGlothlin Mutual Mobile
Becky White Mutual Mobile
Show me another