Form & Function: Designing Devices You Want to Wear
This panel will bring together a handful of breakout designers across various industries to navigate the trade-offs and challenges that arise when designing wearable tech products that must be both functional and attractive without exception. Executives and designers from Pebble, Whistle, and Jawbone will discuss the depth and breadth of product design, from concept to execution, outlining real-life creative lessons learned.
As new players enter the market, it’s becoming increasingly important that wearable tech presents consumers with opportunities for logistical efficiencies while also accounting for human preference and intuition. Learn from the industry leaders about what it takes to create successful products people love to use and show off.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What kind of trade-offs are necessary in the design process?
- When do you fight for the design vs. fighting for the firmware?
- Using design principles as well as human psychology to make wearable tech intuitive and useful; (I.e. how did you decide on Whistle’s blue and green led colors?)
- The trend of wearable technology is gaining momentum. What impact will these new accessories, and even tech-embedded clothing, have on fashion?
- How long do you anticipate this intimate use of computing power to maintain its swoon?
Julia Waneka SutherlandGold
Show me another