Waking Up the 5 Senses of Our Computers
Sight, sound, taste, smell, and touch -- humans can process all five, but when will our computers be able to do the same? Sooner than you think.
What new technologies are taking computers beyond mere data processing and teaching them to truly understand the world around them? How can we take the friction out of the way we interact with computers and enable more natural, intuitive communication?
Experts in human computer interaction will discuss the next frontiers in cognitive computing, and how we can breathe life into our computers by activating their senses.
- What advances in computer vision have enabled this kind of technology?
- What are the technical challenges in bringing senses to the computer?
- How will this technology landscape evolve in the next 5-10 years?
- Why do we need our computers to be smarter? How will consumers benefit from these advances?
- What new areas can this technology be applied to? Wearables? Others?
- Mehul Nariyawala, Co-founder, Flutter
- Tim Chang, Partner, Mayfield Fund
- Sarah Kessler, Associate Editor, Fast Company
- Lav R. Varshney, Services Research Scientist, IBM
Mehul Nariyawala, Co-founder, Flutter
Show me another