GM's Mary Henige on Making and Keeping Friends
Mary Henige has held many communications positions in her 27 years with General Motors. In her current role as director of social media, digital communications research and reputation management, she leads GM’s social media strategy, employee policy and training; blogs; community engagement on GM’s corporate brand channels; and crisis monitoring and response. Her team works in cooperation with other areas to broaden the reach of GM’s “stories,” including video development and media outreach. Follow her on Twitter at @maryhenige.
Come schedule a time to meet with Mary and pick her brain on everything from corporate communications to social media to crisis communications to managing a SXSW sponsorship.
Additional Supporting Materials
- 1. How did GM leverage the SXSW sponsorship to put new products in front of potential customers – is it more than just a marketing opportunity?
- 2. How does GM manage its corporate brand reputation on a daily basis?
- 3. In the event of a global crisis, how does your team come up with a strategy or solution that resonates across many cultures?
- 4. What is your proudest moment in your 27 years with General Motors?
- 5. How does GM develop and retain talent in the state and in the country?
- Mary Henige General Motors
Meredith Adams FleishmanHillard
Show me another