Vigilance: Production Improvements at Tesla
Tesla’s Model S Sedan has increased production volume and the challenge with this kind of growth is maintaining great quality with increasing quantity. In the days of the Roadster, a production line could be managed by a single person; production stats could be calculated in your head; and a full day's updates could be made in 15 minutes at the water-cooler. Now, the roles of individuals have expanded to full teams, and the scope of production far exceeds what one person can take in. Visibility into production data is now what drives awareness and decisions -- this has become a necessity and also an opportunity for even greater improvement. Making data broadly available can provide feedback and promote insight across everyone in the factory. Instead of being limited to a small handful of engineers, data-driven improvements can be made across all levels of production, in a massively-parallel effort.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can I use data visualization to save time in my daily work?
- How has visual analysis helped Tesla streamline processes with 20x increase in production?
- How does production data influence business decisions at Tesla?
- What are the implications of real-time data on a production floor?
- What are the up and coming tools that contribute to these analyses?
- Will Bishop Tesla Motors
Jan Robertson Tableau Software
Show me another