User-Generated Content: Who Owns What?
What's the future of user-generated content and who does it belong to? The content creators or simply those with the most money? We propose a well-rounded panel discussion featuring start-ups including Krrb and 3 Taps — both of whom have been threatened with lawsuits by user-generated content king, Craigslist. Also joining will be Robin Chase, founder/CEO of peer-to-peer car sharing service Buzzcar and co-founder/former CEO of Zipcar as well as Harvard Law School Internet law professor, Jonathan L. Zittrain. We'll also extend an invitation to Craig Newmark, founder of Craigslist.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What does the future hold for user-generated content?
- Who owns user-generated content — the user or the platform?
- What rights do websites have over content created on their platforms?
- What are the consequences of ownership?
- How can established brands and start-ups work together to build a better internet?
Vanessa Londono Krrb
Show me another