The Digital Health Bubble: Is it About to Burst?
In recent years, a huge amount of money has flowed into projects focused on digital health, fueled by the knowledge that the needs of patients and physicians have historically been poorly served by online tools and systems. However, despite the flurry of activity, the world of digital health may not be as well as it appears. Many projects are similar in scope, have weak business models or appear to be developed in isolation and not connected to the existing health system. The phrase “pending bubble burst” is increasingly being whispered in different circles. Through this panel, seasoned investors, analysts and entrepreneurs will tackle the question that is on everyone’s lips – is the digital health bubble about to burst and if so, what will the future hold?
Additional Supporting Materials
- Is the current situation just an example of the growing pains associated with a new funding model facing digital health?
- Is industry consolidation on the horizon? If so, what attributes will successful businesses have in terms of business model, offerings and audience and what are some examples of companies that currently exist that exhibit these characteristics?
- What are some recommendations for investors seeking opportunities in the digital health space? Are their investment opportunities to make despite concerns about the pending shake-up?
- For entrepreneurs seeking funding for their projects, what are some recommendations around their business model that will make them stand out and provide a real benefit for the long-term?
- Looking across the industry at the many different digital health projects that are currently underway, many are focused on a narrow, disconnected sliver of the healthcare industry -- which is a primary factor causing the sense that there is bubble that has been created. What does the future hold and how do we create solutions that bridge the gap between the physician, patient and supplier?
- Marc Monseau Mint Collective LLC
- Robert Stern @pointofcare360
- Jane Sarasohn-Kahn THINK-Health and Health Populi Blog
- Marco Smit Health 2.0
Marc Monseau Mint Collective LLC
Show me another