Ups and Downs of Creating a Digital Song Catalog
What does a successful songwriter, an amateur songwriter, and a big time publisher have in common? They all juggle massive amounts of data - audio files, lyrics, copyright splits, song metadata, and more - most of which is crucial to collecting payments and royalties. This panel discusses what types of song data songwriters need to track within their catalog in order to ensure the publishing process is smooth and profitable, and how emerging technology is allowing songwriters to create and organize in a seamless fashion.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the best online databases to access song catalog information?
- What technology exists for songwriters to collaborate online without any hassle?
- How do the publishers and PROs work together to ensure transparency?
- What is the single most important thing to know about publishing metadata?
- In the current publishing world, how and where is the financial capital being applied?
- Robert Clement, Owner of Online and Print Company, Songspace
- Adam White, RD & RS Coordinator at SESAC, SESAC
- John Rudolph, Senior Advisor, Siemer & Associates, LLC.
- Howell O'Rear, Attorney, McInteer & O'Rear PLC
Howell O'Rear, Attorney, McInteer & O'Rear PLC
Show me another