Design Pattern Libraries for the Web
Pattern libraries have evolved over the years. No longer are designers limited to static documents when it comes to specifying their designs. Solutions like Twitter Bootstrap and Patterny have opened up a new world for designers, allowing for concepts to be brought into fully realized HTML and CSS but is there really a solution out there that meets the needs of designers and developers alike? Chances are, you’ll need to come up with something unique that fits your organization’s needs if you want to make everyone happy. This discussion will dive into the world of pattern libraries. We will cover the pros and cons of the web’s more popular solutions and explore ideas for creating a custom pattern library that works for you.
- What are patterns and why do we need them?
- What are some of the more popular pattern libraries on the web today? Pros and cons?
- What makes a good pattern?
- How can a pattern library put designers and developers on the same page?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of building a custom pattern library vs. an open source or commercial solution?
John Goff eBay
Show me another