The Mobile 2nd Screen in Video Games and Beyond
You are on the verge of an entertainment revolution in your own living room. Convergence of mobile and tethered devices will continue to play a fascinating role in the growth of the entertainment industry. This session will seek to discuss the trends and implications of the use of a second screen (smartphone, tablet, etc...) in video games and other entertainment settings. How will your trusted mobile device change how you consume content? Come prepared to learn, but, you know, don't use your second screen while we're talking...there will be a quiz at the end.
- How is a second mobile screen (e.g. smart phone or tablet) best utilized to enhance the gaming and entertainment experience?
- What impact will this have on convergence in entertainment (the "fight for the living room")?
- Which technologies, wireless or otherwise, will come to the forefront as this norm grows?
- What are the implications for other forms of entertainment beyond video games?
- Is this only a companion game technology or will this be an integral part of gaming moving forward? How will toys play into this trend?
- Steve Carlin, Sr. Director Strategic Marketing, Ubisoft
- Neil Sharma, Vice President and General Manager, Samsung Telecommunications America
Steve CARlin, Sr. Director Strategic Marketing, Ubisoft
Show me another