Your New BFF: The Super Fan
Social media is now a given as an important component of the marketing mix. But companies still struggle with how much to invest in it. One approach is to build a business case around social with a focus on building a community of “super fans”. Super fans are just what they sound like: the most loyal customers who are open to repeat purchases. They love your product or service and recommend it to others. They’re actively engaged in communities, discussing and commenting on their favorite brands. They even contribute user-generated content. In a way, super fans’ personal identities can become melded with the brand. Fostering super fans is a way to gain a more predictable model in social media. It’s hard to guess results and revenue impact for viral campaigns. But with super fans, you have the ability to build a predictable asset in social.
Yes it’s about personalization. And mobile and creating a unified experience across channels. But never underestimate the value of the super fan.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do I develop a community of super fans?
- How do I build a business case around social?
- What do super fans expect from a brand?
- What’s the role of personalization in fostering super fans?
- How can I reach super fans across channels?
- Loni Kao Stark, Director of Product & Industry Marketing, Digital Marketing, Adobe
Katy Boos, VP, Big Sky
Show me another