Transportation Meets Tech: Mobile & Big Data
With automotive, traffic and parking data becoming more open and big data now more prevalent, the acceleration of new technology and apps are engaging the users with their car in a much more meaningful manner.
Studies have consistently shown that urban traffic and parking are directly related. Many cities are realizing this and are dedicating their efforts to reducing congestion and pollution issues. Many U.S. cities are recognizing the need to make parking smarter and acting on this need via emerging technologies and infrastructure. For example, new innovations are now delivering live parking data to consumers including heat maps that can show drivers available parking on a block-by-block basis.
Hosted by ParkMe co-founders, Sam Friedman & Alex Israel, the panel will explore the latest trends and innovations enabling transportation to be more efficient and eco-friendly.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do you think new startups/technology are helping with the current state of transportation?
- How is big data changing the way we’re moving from point A to B?
- Which cities are more focused on improving parking infrastructure and policies?
- What are cities doing to embrace smart parking?
- What initiatives and technologies are needed to improve people’s daily commutes?
Sam Friedman ParkMe
Show me another