My Diploma Can Kick Your Start-Up’s ___!
The number one decision most young entrepreneurs face is whether to stay in college to finish their degree or forgo the diploma entirely and dive into launching their own business. You hear stories about Mark Zuckerberg or Aaron Levie, who both dropped out of college to build successfully start-ups that turn into large companies, but that isn’t normal – in fact it’s extremely rare.
A presentation by David Rusenko, CEO of Weebly and Penn State graduate, will educate attendees on taking the college experience beyond the framed certificate that yes, still hangs at your parent’s house. David will provide key insights into how entrepreneurs are not only better prepared to handle the challenges of the business world after completing college, but how to leverage the creative aspects of education to build a company that’s truly innovative.
- You hear so much about other entrepreneurs starting successful companies without a degree, what’s the real benefit of a college degree if you can potentially be more successful without one?
- How does the increase in start-ups/entrepreneurs forgoing college change the approach to higher education in the U.S.? Will there be an increase in entrepreneurs getting their degree online versus the traditional classroom experience?
- What elements of the college experience can translate into running not only a more profitable business but also a more innovative business?
- Are accelerator programs and venture capitalists more inclined to invest in entrepreneurs who have a four year degree?
- How much do start-ups CEOs take higher education into account when hiring?
- David Rusenko Weebly
Erin Smith Weebly
Show me another