Startup, Product or Punk Band: How to Name Things
Whether it’s your product, company or rock band, the naming is inevitably the hardest part. Hunched over the screen typing URL after URL into GoDaddy, you cross your fingers that your seven-hundredth attempt will finally unlock that magical, unclaimed word that fits your new baby to a T. Instead of bashing your head against the wall or pulling together a name of alphabet soup, we’ll fill you in on a bunch of simple naming exercises and a score of free online services to make the process a bit less painful. We’ll also work together to name a hypothetical business to put all of these tools and techniques to good use.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do you start the brainstorming process – and why start with related words?
- What free resources are available to help with finding a name?
- Why might portmanteaux be your best friend?
- How do you utilize search to your advantage when naming something?
- How do you use the T-shirt test as a final name check?
- Victor Pineiro Big Spaceship
Victor Pineiro Big Spaceship
Show me another