The Future of Childhood
At the intersection of technology and capitalism—mediation and competition—parents are raising children in a world that is much different than it was 20 years ago. This panel features two noted experts on parenting—Madeline Levine and Catherine Steiner-Adair—and David McCullough Jr., a high school teacher whose message to teens, "You Are Not Special," took the web by storm in 2012. The trio will present a lively discussion about how technology is affecting families, how parents are affecting children, and how we can prepare for the future—the future of childhood.
- What do we actually know about how technology affects childhood development?
- How much parenting is too much?
- How can parents prepare their children for an increasingly competitive and technological world without pushing them over the edge?
- How can parents nourish healthy relationships in the age of technology?
- What do today's kids really need to hear?
- Madeline Levine, Ph.D. Challenge Success
- Catherine Steiner-Adair, Ed.D. Harvard Medical School
- David McCullough Jr. Wellesley High School
Jim Hanas HarperCollins
Show me another