Digital Painting: We're Living In The Future!
Digital painting is new tech, right? Wrong. Early adopters have been creatively manipulating pixels since Ivan Sutherland created Sketchpad in 1963. Today—50 years later—digital painting has officially taken hold as a popular, professionally-viable artistic medium.
And it doesn't stop there. The perceived gap between traditional fine art and digital painting gets smaller every day. Recent jumps in painting software, tablets and 3D printing technology have huge implications for how we consider, create, and consume fine art. Join digital art fanatic Leah Davis for a brief history of the genre followed by a discussion of current trends and the incredibly cool, impossibly vast array of potential digital art advances that are right around the corner...
Wait. Why are we talking about the future of digital painting? Because we live in a world where people make mind-blowing works of unmeasurable beauty by tapping on sensitive glass with tiny plastic sticks. It only gets cooler from here!
- Why should I care about digital painting?
- What is a Standard Certificate of Uniqueness, and why does it matter?
- What does 3D printing have to do with digital painting, and why is that so exciting?
- What are some of the coolest things going on in the field of digital art today?
- Digital painting has been around since the '60s. Are you kidding? No, seriously—are you? How old is digital painting really, and what sort of changes has the field gone through since its inception?
- Leah Davis Freelance
Leah Davis Freelance
Show me another