Build It & They Won't Come: The Audience Imperative
Lost amidst today's swell of content marketing, mobile app development, and social media mayhem is a simple fact: there's more competition for consumer attention than ever before. As a result, "build it and they will come" is not a marketing strategy; it's a recipe for disaster.
Smart developers and marketers aren't leaving their success to chance. Instead, they're building proprietary audiences across email, mobile, social, and other web-based channels in order to generate "attention on demand." In so doing, they're reducing their dependence on paid media and turning audiences into assets for their companies.
In this entertaining and informative session, Jeffrey K. Rohrs will share insights from his new book, AUDIENCE: MARKETING IN THE AGE OF SUBSCRIBERS, FANS & FOLLOWERS. Attendees will emerge with a clear understanding of the principles of Proprietary Audience Development and a leg up on the competition who remain wholly dependent on renting audiences from others.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is the giant hole that threatens the survival of every app, website, and company today?
- Why is Proprietary Audience Development now a core marketing responsibility on par with Content Marketing?
- What are the types of proprietary audiences companies can build and how do they differ from one another?
- Who "owns" Proprietary Audience Development in your company?
- How do I build proprietary audiences in today's mobile and social world?
- Jeffrey Rohrs ExactTarget, a salesforce.com company
Jeffrey Rohrs ExactTarget, a salesforce.com company
Show me another