Accelerating Innovation in Retail
Retail brands are incorporating technology and digital concepts to change the consumer experience: from virtual fitting room and apps to new payment options and RFID-tagged merchandise. As technology develops and consumer behavior evolves more rapidly, how are retail companies being inspired to be more agile?
This panel—consisting of two brand-side innovators, a venture capitalist specializing in retail investments, and a retail journalist—will explore how retailers approach and accelerate innovation through labs, acquisitions, startup, education, and agency partners, and how brands have used each approach to create emerging shopping experiences and develop new products.
- What's the role of innovation in retail brands? How are different brands structuring innovation?
- Do the goals of innovation teams conflict with other priorities within a retail company? How does the innovation group work with the rest of the organization?
- Is "innovation for innovation's sake" a sustainable business initiative? What does the evolution of retail innovation teams look like?
- What are some examples of how retail organizations are working and partnering with startups and universities? What are concrete examples of "retail innovation"?
- How are innovation initiatives piloted and tested? When and how does a company decide to roll out ideas on a global scale?
Jen Rubio AllSaints
Show me another