'Paid, Owned, Earned' Is Dead. What's Next?
The concept of paid, owned and earned media shook many marketers from their slumber and helped them see a way past traditional channel-based marketing plans. But this model was never representative of the way customers actually discovered and explored products and services; like "digital and traditional," paid-earned-owned is a classification based on organizational convenience rather than on the customer journey.
To succeed, marketers must classify their marketing plans, their budgets, and even their org charts based on customers’ real-life behaviors and preferences. The solution? A new “marketing RaDaR” model that blends reach and depth and relationship strategies. This session will introduce the marketing RaDaR and show how it’s driven enormous success for marketers all over the world.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Why is the 'paid, owned, earned' model failing marketers?
- Which marketing and media construct better reflects customers' behaviors and preferences, and can help marketers build more successful campaigns?
- How can reach channels support people who want to discover new brands?
- How can depth channels support people who are exploring their product choices?
- How can relationship channels support people who want to engage with their favorite companies?
- Nate Elliott, Vice President, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research
Nate Elliott, Vice President, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research
Show me another