McLaren Workshop: From catalogue to KILLER App
The NFB recently produced and released the McLaren Workshop app. The app combined the catalogue of innovative animation work by Norman McLaren with the tools to create your own films using McLarens very own techniques. Our panel will focus on how to take innovative catalogue content and rejuvinate it for today's mobile devices as well as release its capabilities to a tapped in audience. Both digital boxset and innovative filmmaking tool, there are ways to make everything new and fresh again.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How to give life to landmark content with todays devices?
- How to inspire creation from users by allowing them to see and be?
- How to release with a strategic partner to encourage app downloads?
- How do you take consumer content to a new level with a new form?
- How to give subsequent lives to a successful app?
- Lorne Price, Head, Digital Distribution, National Film Board of Canada
- Joel Pomerleau, Director, Platform Development and Digital Distribution, National Film Board of Canada
- Patrick Doyon, Animation Filmmaker, doiion
- Nick Alt, Vice President Mobile, Vimeo
Lorne Price, Head, Digital Distribution, National Film Board of Canada
Show me another