Data + Motivation: The Key to Engaging Design
Nearly everything we do is being mediated by technology, and that has turned us all into "walking data generators" - each individually throwing off exponentially more data than we were a decade ago. How can business owners and designers take that data and use it to design more engaging and compelling experiences, as well as motivate action, behavior change, and loyalty?
This session will explore how designers are starting to take advantage of this new abundance of user activity data by combining it with the latest understanding of human motivation and the data-driven motivational techniques that video game designers have honed and refined over the last 40 years. After reviewing the fundamentals of motivation and gamification, we'll review case studies spanning consumers, employees, health, sports, and education.
- Why is the distinction between "I have to" and "I want to" so important?
- What are the 5 fundamental human motivators and when do they work best?
- What are the pros and cons of using rewards to incent behavior, and what is the best way to use them?
- What are the 10 data-driven motivational techniques that video game designers use to motivate better performance?
- How are businesses across a range of industries applying these techniques to drive business results?
- Rajat Paharia Bunchball
Rajat Paharia Bunchball
Show me another