How The Marriage Equality Fight Won The Internet
When the Supreme Court struck down DOMA and Prop 8 for being unconstitutional, citizens across the United States rejoiced and shared their feelings online. Learn about how The Human Rights Campaign and other LGBT organizations captured this key moment using social media, advertising, email and organizing tactics to ensure that this victory was not only celebrated at an individual level, but at an organizational one as well. Hear from additional experts in social movements and political campaigns about how the Internet helped to create a social movement around marriage equality. This panel will be geared towards the past success and future of advocacy online and review specific tactics.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can organizations utilize the Internet to rally a cause, connect with an audience and help move the needle on social issues?
- How can major figures help spark online change and engage the grassroots?
- What are the challenges when it comes to marketing and messaging tactics around issues such as marriage equality?
- What can we learn from the past victories for future challenges?
- How can the tech community help continue to advance LGBT equality?
Scott Zumwalt Bully Pulpit Interactive
Show me another