UX Lessons From Frodo
For every time you have to do a repetitive work task...For every time you have to scrub the toilette...For every time you have smile for the camera...
Just remember... we do it... FOR FRODO!
Frodo is also the driving force for why we need to work harder at UX. Too often user experience is more cumbersome than the journey to Mount Doom.
With some proper persona generation and user testing Sauron may have been able to create a product that was able to more easily bend the will of a Hobbit. The one audience group in middle earth nobody saw coming and leading to the downfall of Sauron.
Gollum provides us with such a brilliant example of testing and innovating when it comes to trying to complete the task of obtaining the One Ring. A much more practical approach than that of Sauron albeit leading to not the most desirable outcome. If only he had other options and testing methods that did not put him at bodily harm perhaps he would have had a more pleasant completion of his task.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How could Sauron have applied basic principles in persona generation and defining his audience to lead to a more successful product?
- How Gollum could have better approached testing to lead to a more successful outcome?
- How an organized IA and Content Map could have helped Samwise better prepare for the trip to Mount Doom?
- How do the hidden, but powerful, design and experience elements of the One Ring personify Sauron?
- How taking a minute to sit back and think through a problem can lead you down the right path to a solution, almost like a less foul smell in the Mines of Moria.
- Franklin Lockwood gyro
Franklin Lockwood gyro
Show me another