Startups Dealing with Patent Trolls
By now, almost everyone is familiar with the concept of a "Patent Troll" (generally, an entity that exists solely to file patent lawsuits). The past few years have seen a drastic explosion in the number of patent infringement lawsuits brought by Patent Trolls, and many entrepreneurs and startup founders are apprehensive over what patents mean for the new technologies and innovations they want to bring to market. Trolls often use a small company's lack of knowledge about patents to their benefit, and our panel will hopefully enable startups to better handle this potential threat. Daniel will discuss the growing problem patent trolls present for innovation, Ruben will discuss his own experience developing strategies for dealing with trolls, while Kate and Paul will discuss the experiences of a startup and a fast growing company that have both faced multiple patent lawsuits. No one should let the threat of Patents prevent them from executing on their vision.
- What is a Patent Troll?
- What can a Startup do if attacked by a Patent Troll?
- What are some of the ways Startups and other Small Businessess handle Patent Trolls?
- What are the costs imposed by Patent Trolls on the Startup Community?
- What can I do to help fight Patent Trolls even if I'm not getting threatened?
- Ruben Rodrigues Foley & Lardner LLP
- Daniel Nazer Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Kate Endress Ditto Technologies, Inc.
- Paul Sieminski Automattic, Inc.
Ruben Rodrigues Foley & Lardner LLP
Show me another