Embracing the F Word: Failure
To entrepreneurs failure is an enigma: a necessary evil but seemingly an unrecoverable misadventure. In reality, most roads lead to failure and only after multiple attempts do entrepreneurs (and their companies) find a successful path. This does not mean that it is impossible to fail miserably--it is definitely possible to fail so stupendously that starting again feels impossible.
I'm here to share a story of success--through successive failures. And how truly embracing failure has made my ongoing ventures more successful. It's an honest and open story that entrepreneurs will relate to in their past or appreciate in their future. And there's real actionable advice for making failures manageable and ensure they are lined with silver.
- Why should I prepare for failure when I'm so optimistic about my business?
- How can I prepare my stakeholders--investors, team, partners and even my inner advisor--to recognize success and it's counterpart?
- How can failure of an initiative in a new business be accelerated so that the business as a whole has a higher chance of success?
- What is an example of a strategy for testing a new online business for success?
- What is an example of a strategy for testing a new offline business for success?
- Jonathan Siegel, Director, Rackspace
Jonathan Siegel, Director, Rackspace
Show me another