Gen Y: Coming of Age and the Workforce of Tomorrow
Within the next 5 years, 85% of Gen Y will be in the workforce and, as native technology users, Gen Y’s are plugged into social media 16 minutes out of every waking hour of the day. Unlike the outgoing Boomers whose mantra is ‘work life-balance’, Gen Y’ers, who see no reason to unplug, strive for a work-life blend. This basic phenomenon is forcing companies steeped in traditional corporate values to find new and innovative ways to attract, motivate and retain the best and the brightest of this highly educated Gen Y workforce. Learn five ways to engage and inspire the Gen Y worker to give you their best work, to love their job, and grow your company in delightful ways.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do you go from 9 to 5 to a 24/7 blended work-life workplace and still get the job done?
- How can you turn your traditional workplace into a social media workplace?
- What are the best perks for Gen Y’ers?
- Employee rewards: What works best for Gen Y’ers?
- How can you create open workspaces that inspire open dialog and creative thinking?
- Rowan Trollope, Senior Vice President, Collaboration Technology Group, Cisco Systems
- Perry Trollope, Student/final year, Brighton University, UK
Allison Grenewetzki, Account Director, Text100
Show me another