Bootstrapping Pros & Cons: Imgur’s Experience
In a bootstrapped company, the entrepreneurial decision-making process is decidedly different because the company must balance the need to make money while growing the business. This session will examine the pros and cons of bootstrapping, as described through the experiences of the Founder and the COO of Imgur, a fast growing image sharing web site. They will walk you through their startup journey and analyze key decisions that have been made along the way. From product pivots and scaling their infrastructure to keeping users first while evolving their business model, they will provide a refreshingly honest discussion of the challenges they face as a bootstrapped company.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the pros and cons Imgur has experienced with bootstrapping?
- What are the techniques Imgur has used to successfully bootstrap?
- How are critical decisions affected by not raising money?
- How does the current state of web infrastructure favor startups and impact their ability to scale?
- Are you ready to turn your side project into a company?
Matt Strader Imgur, LLC
Show me another