Africa's mobile music: a new way of listening
Africa's mobile music: how a new way of listening is changing a continent.
Spotify, Rdio, Songza - the new faces (and saviors) of legitimate online music. But, not in the fastest growing mobile market in the world, Africa.
Music isn't stagnant. On the contrary, it's booming, just in unexpected places.
This panel will discuss why cassette tapes are still big in Nigeria; why traditional models don't work; why the next innovation in music will come from Africa; and why the industry should take note before it's too late.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Who are the key players in the African music space and what traction have they gained amongst users?
- What role does mobile play in the creation and distribution of music in Africa and how can it be leveraged?
- Considering Africa is a predominantly unbanked market with massive broadband constraints, what are the music industry's immediate and future prospects?
- If traditional revenue models don't apply, what are the alternatives?
- What makes Africa so innovative?
Catherine Luckhoff, Strategic consultant, AfricaMaven
Show me another