Printing Chocolate: Food on Demand
The purpose of this eight hour long SXSW workshop is to explore questions about our food system that require experimentation, nontraditional approaches, and multidisciplinary ways of thinking. Using the innovation of 3D printing chocolate, piq Chocolates and Tech Ranch Austin will lead a live chocolate printing session for the audience while exploring some of the concern and ideas of the future of food.
Our aim is to broaden our understanding of way we produce and consume food while seeking new ideas about the opportunities for innovation with our current food system; and as entrepreneurs who are leading innovation in the food space.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How will 3D printing disrupt the cultivation of process of food?
- What are the design and branding opportunities of producing printable food?
- What are some examples of other synthetic foods from sci-fi that are currently distributing food?
- What has been the reaction from people about the idea of consuming printed foods? Will we eat certain food printed and other not?
- Are there benefits in waste reduction and disposal by printing food?
Daniel Heron Tech Ranch Austin
Show me another