Learning From the Space Between Digital and Paper
What’s it like to develop both digital and paper-based games and what does each have to teach you about the other? Designing interactions and creating rich game spaces is a complicated affair. This panel of indie game developers will discuss effective game design and explain how understanding materials, constraints, and having a solid design philosophy enhances a designer’s ability to create compelling experiences.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How is designing a digital game different from designing a board or card game?
- What are some of the things that each type of game development may teach you about the other?
- How does considering social interactions and physical space influence both types of design processes?
- What are some common assumptions about designing digital games and designing card games that you should avoid?
- What were our experiences like designing games? What would we do or not do again?
George III White Whale Games
Show me another