The Big Pivot
Andrew Winston, founder of Winston Eco-Strategies, is the co-author of Green to Gold, the best-selling guide to what works - and what doesn't - when companies go green. He is a globally recognized expert on green business, and has appeared in The Wall Street Journal, Time, BusinessWeek, Forbes, The New York Times, and CNBC. Andrew is dedicated to helping companies both large and small use environmental strategy to grow, create enduring value, and build stronger relationships with employees, customers, and other stakeholders. His clients have included Bank of America, HP, and IKEA.
Andrew's new book, The Big Pivot: Radically Practical Strategies for a Hotter, Scarcer, and More Open World by Harvard Business Review Press (Publication Date April 15, 2014).
His is a very important topic, becoming ever more urgent, he gives a sharp new point of view, strategies for action, and short to-the-point tools that could be easily adapted by the audience . It's also extraordinarily timely.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How does this effect business executives? This presentation is, ideally, for the general strategy business reader, but logically one with some interest in rethinking how companies operate in a world of climate change and resource constraints. The targets would thus be CEOs and top executives and managers in some key functions such as supply chain/procurement, finance, manufacturing, and sales and marketing.
- What are some strategies for sustainability-minded business people? Within the general business category, the presentation would draw on the growing group of sustainability-interested business people, readers, bloggers, and conference go-ers. All large companies have someone focused on sustainability now, and often additional people throughout the organization with some responsibility for environment, energy, sustainable design, and so on.
- What can students learn? An important target for Mr. Winston is the fast-growing ranks of undergrad and MBA students looking for a combination of business, purpose, and practicality. In his session, Mr. Winston will give specific examples to those students interested in starting a sustainable business.
- Can policy makers learn anything from this presentation? Municipal, state, and federal -- government officials are increasingly interested in how sustainable business thinking is evolving and how to attract green minded businesses to their regions. Mr. Winston will address these specific issues.
- Will the Non-profit sector benefit from "The Big Pivot"? The major environmental NGOs now work closely with companies and are deeply engaged in their progress. Entrepreneurs and startups are also the business of the future. Applying this thinking to the next wave of business will impact where we go from here.
- Andrew Winston Winston Eco-Strategies, LLC
Jay Kemp Ode Management
Show me another