How to Pitch the Media
A panel of business reporters and editors from a variety of media outlets, including Entrepreneur.com, will talk candidly about how and why they write about startups and other companies. Attendees will learn how to pitch their story to the press and what grabs a reporter's attention. They'll also learn the best ways to develop relationships with the press and how to become a quoted source. We'll also talk about how entrepreneurs and business owners can tell a compelling story.
- What pitches do reporters and editors read and what pitches get lost?
- How can entrepreneurs and other business leaders get their company featured in the media?
- What are the most appealing elements of an entrepreneur's story and how to build them into a compelling narrative?
- How can an entrepreneur integrate his or her story into their communications strategy?
- How should you prepare to talk to a reporter? What should you say and not say?
- Colleen DeBaise Entrepreneur Media Inc.
- JJ Ramberg MSNBC Your Business
- Sarah Needleman The Wall Street Journal
Laura Lorber Entrepreneur Media Inc.
Show me another